I absolutely love this recipe, and it’s perfect for breakfast, lunch, or any time of the day! In this post, I have the recipe for the dessert filling, but the great thing about crepes is that you can use a different filling of whatever you want. You could use eggs, meat a vegetable, nutella, or anything you could possibly think of for that matter lol. This is my mom’s original recipe, and it’s not even comparable to the ones you can buy at the store. I would consider this recipe to be a little time-consuming as the batter makes SO many crepes, but let me tell you, it’s worth it! So, grab your favorite apron and let’s get started!
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups milk
- 4 eggs
- In a blender, combine all of the ingredients and blend until smooth. This creates the lump-free batter needed to make the crepes.
- Use non-stick cooking spray on a 8 in crepe or omelette pan. Pour 1/4 cup batter into the pan and cook over medium to low heat. Swirl pan immediately in a circle to spread the batter evenly. Cook for about 1-2 minutes on each side, or until when you give the pan a shake the crepe will move slightly.
- Another bonus about this is that it makes a ton of crepes, and the filling is your choice, so feel free to put in your favorite jams, butters, veggies and fruits, or this cream cheese filling down below.
For the Filling
- One 8 oz pack of cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Whisk the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until light and fluffy, then move into a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Next whip the whipping cream until it forms stiff peaks
- Fold the whipping cream into the cream cheese mixture and set into fridge to keep cool while the crepes are cooling
- Cut up and assortment of berries (I used strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries).
- Sprinkle some powdered sugar over the top of the crepe and serve. Enjoy!
I hope you enjoyed this recipe as much as I did! Let’s just say that these and waffles are my favorite breakfast items… aside from fresh, scrambled eggs from the chickens. Until the littles start laying, this will have to do! Comment down below on your thoughts on this recipe, I’d be glad to hear them! Enjoy!
Dancing with Chickens